Thursday, February 07, 2008

When Coffee is a SIN!


I read things like the blurb below and I hope a virus gets loose that only effects godbag fundamentalist men. A nasty one that makes their genitalia transform overnight into vaginas.
But then I stop and think, they would just start to demand everybody have a vagina, and they'd go around beating up people who didn't have them.
Some days I think this whole fundamentalist streak that stupid human monkeys have is beyond understanding, and I wish they'd all just shut the frak up and go flagellate themselves.
Then I turn off the internet and go build a guitar, and try not to think about how they'd stone me and my girlfriend to death, just like the Jesus-facisists we have here in the USA.
I sure wish we weren't giving a bunch of Saudi thugs billions in oil money every year. That's Amerika, propping up dictatorships everywhere there's oil, all in the name of freedom. Freedom to kill the biosphere with fossil fuels, anyway.
At least they didn't kill her or whip her with forty lashes for going on the internet with a co worker.
Happy godbag fundamentalist day, everybody! Let's all sing!


(CBS) An American businesswoman was carted off to jail by religious police in Saudi Arabia for sitting with a male colleague at a Starbucks in Riyadh, the Times of London reported. The woman, who spent a day behind bars, was strip-searched and forced to sign a false confession before being released, the newspaper said. The Times declined to publish her name at her request.

The 37-year-old businesswoman works for a finance company in Riyadh. Her problem began when her office lost electricity. She and her male colleagues then went to a nearby Starbucks to use the coffee shop's Internet connection. She sat with a male colleague in the Starbucks' family area, the only place women are allowed to sit with men. “Some men came up to us with very long beards and white dresses. They asked 'Why are you here together?' I explained about the power being out in our office. They got very angry and told me what I was doing was a great sin,” she told the Times.

Following her arrest and interrogation, the woman was hauled before a judge. “He said 'You are sinful and you are going to burn in hell.' I told him I was sorry. I was very submissive. I had given up. I felt hopeless,” she told the Times.

The newspaper said the woman had received a visit from officials at the U.S. embassy in Saudi Arabia. A U.S. official told The Times that it was being treated as “an internal Saudi matter” and refused to comment on her case.


No comments:

"Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis." Ralph Waldo Emerson