Saturday, November 10, 2007

Too Many Left Feet

Doll legs at Axman Surplus, Oct 2007
Some days I feel like I was made from a box of parts like this
limbs all left feet
a sewed up pile of strange human meat
stitched together like Frankenstein's monster
parts from mom
parts from my dad
all mashed up into somebody who's
less than both
more than they could have been
walked in strange places that didn't exist
in their world
I envy the simplicity of their lives
I wouldn't trade being who I am for anything
but damn, bein' my kind of queer
in this strange world sure comes with a strange
price tag.
Some days I wish I could just pay the fine and go home
find normal
then I remember it's just a setting on an iron
and thank the goddess I don't believe in
I am not simple

No comments:

"Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis." Ralph Waldo Emerson