Friday, October 24, 2008

Quote of the Day: Apple Pie


"If you want to bake an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the Universe."
Carl Sagan
Actually, I don't go quite that far in my freakish efforts to make stuff from scratch. I stop at making up my own reality from the universe around me, the one my eyeballs and senses have taken in.
Funny, but when I think about it, taste is the sense we have that has caused me the least distress.
You can't taste roadkill, John McCain, Richard Nixon or your beloved dead grandmother unless you have a desire to dig up the dead or chew on the zombie corpse of rich bastard politicians selling their souls for a grasp of power.
But here at Hint of Dementia labs, we do make a lot from scratch ingredients already in this reality.
Burritos, guitar amplifiers, musical instruments, kitchen cabinets and countertops, wood carvings and giant castor beans, salsa, computers from parts, bicycles from scavenged parts, pinhole cameras and pie and jam.
And coffee. And now I think I'll go for a walk in the rain and eat pie and coffee somewhere.

No comments:

"Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis." Ralph Waldo Emerson