Thursday, November 17, 2005

dervish


Spin like a dervish
buzz like a bee
there's lots of ways
to find one's center you see
some slow it down
bring it to the ground
some sit and contemplate
in quiet solitiude
they find things great
with a placid attitude
me I like noise
and musical toys
cranking a musical prayer wheel
on the edge of unstable
grabbing ahold of the cosmic cable
hang on as long as I'm able
someday I'll be dead
have worms in my head
maybe be baked in an oven
no more koriana lovin'
so don't tell me to go
so damn slow
I'd rather die dancing
don 't ya know?
Old platitudes are fine
when they're in your mind
but as for me I leave them behind
gonna shake my booty and my mind
till time leaves me far behind

No comments:

"Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis." Ralph Waldo Emerson