Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Not as Big


I can see the dark side
of the way things are
how did it get so bad
when we've come so far
I guess it comes down
to who we are
I thought we were bigger
than either one of us

and the doors slam shut
and the meanings got lost
and most of what I wanted
slowly got tossed
thrown over the side
to sink to the bottom
the few that are left
I'm not sure I want them

I wish I was a monkey
swinging from a branch
just grab the next one
take another chance
it sure feels like I'm sick
of doing this dance
I been trying to tell you
but you can't seem to listen
I became unimportant
when you got a mission
I got shut out
or shouted down
ignored or dismissed
like some fucking clown
you expected
your ass to be kissed
sooner or later
you'll look around
and I will be gone
nowhere near
to be found





No comments:

"Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis." Ralph Waldo Emerson