Wednesday, July 15, 2009

More Carved Heads


Tired of working on the motorhome, I returned to carving heads and did my first head with a torso included.
Many people ask me why I like to carve cyclops and pinhead figures.
Some surmise it's a deep internal weirdness, others think because my twin sister had multiple birth defects, I am obsessed.
Others offer conjecture that that traumatic childhood event with the Jehovah's Witness Circus clown with one eye and 12 toes warped me for life.
But they're wrong. It's because I have a four inch disc grinder, and it's hard to make two eyeballs fit when you can only carve a four inch eye on a six inch wide slab of wood.
Plus, a pinhead cyclops can be dead sexy. Oooo la la!

No comments:

"Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis." Ralph Waldo Emerson