Monday, April 16, 2007

Cash money from the market gig

Right before we left on our road trip, my pal Bess and I played at the wintertime Farmer's Market. They liked us! We got fifty bucks tossed into the violin case, a great free organic breakfast, played two long sets for an oddly attentive crowd, and even had four people ask us if we had a cd and what our band name was. I told em' Led Zepplin.
It was good to play out again, I've been missing it since I got booted from the last band I was in.
Playing as an acoustic duo with Bess rocks. It's simple, organic and flowing, and really relaxing
to escape the weirdness that comes from playing with ego and insecurity driven singer songwriters. I sure love playing the loose instrumental music, and the crowd sure seemed to pay more attention than I expected.
The woman who runs the entertainment at the winter market wants us back again next fall when the big noisy, stroller and tourist choked market closes down again for the season.

1 comment:

M Big Mistake said...

Damn those singer-songwriters...damn them all!

Oh...except me...I rock.

Does this font make me look fat?

"Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis." Ralph Waldo Emerson